Search This Blog

Wednesday, 7 October 2026

Pub Crawl

On Monday an old pal and I went on a leisurely pub crawl from the King Charles I near King's Cross to the Pocket in Islington taking in the Chapel Market Tavern, the Crown and the Drapers Arms en route. The playlist is loosely inspired by the places we visited.

This is for my old pal and also for my new friend Monique who started life in a small dorpie in rural South Africa and is now setting swinging London alight. I hope our tuneful renditions of Afrikaans children's songs did not disturb other patrons.

"English Civil War" - The Clash

"Market Song" - Pentangle

"The Lamb Ran Away With The Crown" - Judee Sill

"Same Cloth Or Not" - Lisa O'Neill

"Our Love Is In The Pocket" - J.J. Barnes

2 comments:

  1. Being of Irish descent I've actually seen Brendan Shine live; it's a rite of passage. He was big on the Showband circuit that swept all over the country.

    JM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, in the Fairfield Halls, Croydon. A great night. He has featured on here quite a few times over the years.

      Delete