I saw a band from back in the day last weekend - details will follow at some point next week - and it prompted me to dig out a bunch of old favourites of a roughly similar vintage i.e. late 70s and early 80s. Four spiky, one poppy.
Inexplicably none of them topped or even touched the charts. Most of them have appeared here before but not for a fair while, so treat them as you would returning friends.
"Paraffin Brain" - The Nightingales
"The Fish Needs A Bike" - Blurt
"Expert" - pragVEC
"Sticky Jack" - Warm Jets
"Baby I'm A U-Boat" - The Fire-Hydrant Men (featuring the Fabulous Fezettes)
I read an interesting interview with the remarkable Ted Milton of Blurt a few months ago - you can find it here if you enjoyed "Fish", but also if you didn't. Ted and Blurt are still going. The video dates from about 15 years ago.

No comments:
Post a Comment