Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 January 2009

Ti Ricorda Ancora

Imagine how thrilled I was, after just three days at this blogging lark, to have my first international visitor. Thank you, mystery Italian person.

I thought I should respond in kind by posting some Italian music. Unfortunately I have very little of it - an omission I must put right - but from my limited selection I have chosen "Ti Ricorda Ancora" by Fabio Concato. Apparently he was reasonably big in Italy in the 1970s and 1980s.

I was in Alberobello in Puglia about five years ago and it happened to be the town's Saint's day. The highlight of the festivities was a free concert by Fabio in the main piazza, and in such a lovely setting I was sufficiently enthused to buy the Greatest Hits CD being flogged at the side of the stage. Once the excitement had passed I found most of it rather too mellow for my taste, but I do like this one. According to the Babelfish automatic translation thingy "Ti ricorda ancora" means "It still remembers to you", but I suspect that may not be quite right.

Here is Alberobello:


And here is Fabio live in concert that night:



And finally here is "Ti Ricorda Ancora":

http://www.box.net/shared/e4lvo66163

No comments:

Post a Comment