Search This Blog

Wednesday 15 May 2019

Have You Ever Heard The Reign?

Even we zeitgeist surfers have the occasional blind spot. For me, one of them was Reigning Sound. Until a couple of weeks ago I had never heard of them, even though they have been knocking about Memphis and Asheville for the best part of twenty years and play on at least one album I own (the great George Soule's comeback album, "Take A Ride").

Then I heard a couple of tracks from "Abdication... For Your Love", recently reissued by Merge in the UK, and I realised instantly I had a lot of catching up to do. Here is a track from "Abdication", along with the title track of their 2002 album, "Time Bomb High School".

"Call Me #1" - Reigning Sound

"Time Bomb High School" - Reigning Sound

By the sound of it, the lads of Reigning Sound would be well advised to try to get a transfer to another school. This one, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment