Search This Blog

Monday 20 November 2023

Tapper Time

We start the week with some words of advice from the far-famed reggae DJ and producer, Tapper Zukie.

Today's first track comes from his 1976 album "MPLA" - for which he used the spelling Tappa - and the second from 1978's "Tapper Roots".

"Don't Deal With Babylon" - Tappa Zukie

"Don't Shoot The Youth" - Tapper Zukie

While I was typing the forensically detailed text above I remembered that Tapper had featured here before. On checking, I discovered it was exactly two years ago yesterday. Clearly mid-November is when an old man's mind turns to Zukie.

Last time I included a video of Caravan, on account of Mr Zukie sharing his real name with their keyboard player (David Sinclair). I am going to stick with tradition today.

2 comments:

  1. In my mind, it's always Tapper Time but your annual 'alarm call' is very welcome, Ernie.

    I enjoyed the Caravan song, though I wasn't prepared for the abrupt ending. I'm assuming it cuts away moments before Richard and David Sinclair started duking it out in the background?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Beat Club producers just ran out of pfennigs to put in the meter.

      Delete