Search This Blog

Wednesday 5 July 2017

Ring Rang A Dong Time

I'm heading off on my travels in a couple of days, back towards the end of the month. I'm looking forward to the trip - work in Kuala Lumpur and Jakarta, and a couple of long weekends in Penang and Sarawak, with a visit to the Rainforest World Music Festival likely to be a highlight of the latter.

As usual, I'll leave you with a selection of tracks that were first featured here back in the pre-zeitgeist era of 2009. They aren't quite as exotic as some of the earlier selections but that is because the dredging is nearly done now. There are a few dodgy things that I couldn't bring myself to inflict on you twice - and I say that knowing that "Finnish Whistler" made the cut - but not much else.

See you soon, folks.

"Yho! Yho!" - Winston 'Mankunku' Nkosi

"She Don't Love Nobody" - Nick Lowe

"Cuckoo" - The Monks

"Strawberry Blonde" - Ron Sexsmith

"Fools" - Diane Birch

"Finnish Whistler" - Roger Whittaker

3 comments:

  1. The follow up to Mexican Whistler?
    Given that you have more holidays than Alan Whicker that video must be in the You Tube top 10 by now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which is exactly where it belongs, CC. The holidays aren't real, I just pretend so I have an excuse to play the video

      Delete
  2. Quality whistling from a maestro whistler. I do, though, prefer The Mexican Whistler, which I have just played after The Finnish Whistler. A joyous pop record.

    ReplyDelete