Search This Blog

Thursday 30 November 2017

Halls Of Fame And Infamy

Earlier this week I had to dust off my monkey suit for its annual outing to an awards ceremony related to the day job. The culmination of the evening - I say 'culmination' because I couldn't really use the word 'highlight' with any sincerity - is the dishing out of the lifetime achievement award. Which got me thinking about other, more interesting, Halls of Fame.

"Dreamers' Hall of Fame" - Jeb Stuart

"Fools' Hall Of Fame" - Ike Lovely

"My Home Ain't In The Hall Of Fame" - Jonathan Edwards

While we're on the subject, you might want to know that voting on the next batch of potential inductees to the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame closes next Tuesday. I've voted for these three.

4 comments:

  1. I voted for 2 of these 3 and Bon Jovi obviously

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whata great track by Jeb Stuart. Toptastic! Jonathan Edwards' track very very good, lives up to the expectation the title gives.
    Given the Fame theme I am relieved yet also a little disappointed that you haven't featured a clip from the tv show Fame. Maybe it was just too obvious?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I can alleviate your disappointment on a future occasion, George

      Delete
  3. Well, Nina scares me half to death but god she's got some oooomph. I love her. As for the song, must say I first thought it was hers (she certainly owns it) before realising it was from Hair. It scores on several levels. Sorry what was the question?

    ReplyDelete