Search This Blog

Sunday 17 June 2018

Waiting For A Miracle

There's great excitement in the Goggins household at the moment. On Tuesday morning I head off to Mumbai for a few days - a bit of work with a bit of sightseeing tagged on. I've never been before and am looking forward to it very much.

Our musical journey tonight starts in Mumbai and ends in "India", one of the highlights of the Psychedelic Furs's show at the Festival Hall that I was lucky enough to be at last Friday. In between we visit Turkey, Congo, Italy and Brazil, in a more or less random order.

"Mumbai, Waiting For A Miracle" - Raghu Dixit

"Utan Utan" - Selda Bagcan

"Musonsu" - Jupiter & Okwess

"Berta Filava" - Rino Gaetano

"Adelita" - Trio Mocoto

"India" - The Psychedelic Furs

One of the many reasons I'm looking forward to visiting Mumbai is because it is where my grandparents got married back in the 1930s. They originally met and got engaged in Swindon. He got a job as an engineer on the Nizam of Hyderabad's State Railway, and she joined him a year or so later. Today's clip comes from Swindon's other great export, and is dedicated to the late Grandpa and Grandma Goggins.

2 comments:

  1. Some belting tracks posted here Ernie.That first one, initially annoying ended up being rather catchy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same when I first heard it. I saw old Raghu a few years back, he puts on a good show

      Delete