Search This Blog

Monday 27 April 2020

The Sound of the Streets

And when I say "The Sound of the Streets" I mean it literally. Yesterday while I was out having my daily constitutional I spotted a CD lying on the pavement which had the cryptic words "MIN THEB" written on it. I picked it up carefully and took it home, cleaned it up with some of the disinfectant I had been saving for lunch - I'm on the Trump Diet - then stuck it in the CD player. Slightly to my surprise, it worked.

The CD in question turned out to be "Menos el Oso", the 2005 album by Minus The Bear. It's not really my cup of tea, but here's one of the better tracks for you. I've padded things out with some other bear-based bands.

"Hooray" - Minus The Bear

"I Won't Be Hangin' 'Round" - Bear

"Pirate King" - Edward Bear

8 comments:

  1. Haven't you got form for this sort of thing?
    I seem to remember a previous post involving a pavement find. But then I could be wrong

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an excellent memory. On that occasion it was an Italian jazz CD, so this is at least a step up. Found it on the same stretch of road as well, maybe I should go down there more often.

      Delete
  2. I think you should start a new series based on these street finds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's currently a series of two and you've had them both. Part I is at: http://27leggies.blogspot.com/2017/02/street-sounds.html

      I will keep my eyes peeled on the pavement though, and maybe one day there will be a Part 3

      Delete
    2. I stretched it out to emphasise the point

      Delete
  3. Here's a thought. Can your readers submit their "street finds"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By all means. Although if certain readers start sending in one a week and they are all prog I may start to get suspicious as to whether they are genuine

      Delete
  4. Disappointment in these parts that this was not the video

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaC2K34SLhc

    ReplyDelete