Search This Blog

Wednesday 24 March 2021

Habibi Funk, That's What It Is...

We have previously featured here albums released by the excellent Habibi Funk label, which dedicates itself to rediscovering the music of the Arab world. I may even have raved about "Habibi Funk 007", their fantastic sampler album. 

Either way, I am doing that now. With 16 great tracks for a mere €8, you have to buy it. Just in case you need persuading, here are a couple of the many highlights to whet your appetite. If your mind isn't blown by Fadoul, Morocco's answer to Little Richard, then I fear that you have no mind to blow.

"Bsslama Habiti" - Fadoul

"Al Asafir" - Kamal Keila

I'm slightly regretting my choice of title for this post, because it has led to this being stuck in my head for the last couple of days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment