Search This Blog

Friday 3 June 2022

Kuunatic Have Taken Over The Asylum

Earlier this week I went on a whim to see Kuunatic. I had never heard of them until the morning of the gig but was sufficiently intrigued by the blurb on the Cafe Oto website to tootle along. I'm very glad I did.

Kuunatic are an all-female Japanese trio, as you may be able to tell from the photo. I would struggle to describe their musical style. Maybe a Japanese Raincoats - but heavy oilskins not light macs - with a large slug of psychedelia.

Their debut album "Gate of Klüna" came out last year and is available on their Bandcamp page. The link below is to an earlier recording of the opening track. This version dates from 2019 and can be found on the "Pay What You Want Sampler #2" compilation issued by the Akuphone label (also on Bandcamp). The Ko Shin Moon track comes from the same compilation.

"Dewbow" - Kuunatic

"Le Pêcheur" - Ko Shin Moon

3 comments:

  1. After wednesday's post I checked my spreadsheet and I have the album Alghafiat, Nothing, though, from today's artistes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post title and great new music for me. Another one added to the shopping list!

    ReplyDelete