Search This Blog

Monday 8 May 2023

Don't Put Away Childish Things

I am reliably informed that if you look up the word 'prodigious' in the dictionary what you will find is a picture of Billy Childish. Over the last 40 years or so Mr Childish has released in excess of 120 albums under various guises.

One of his recent nom-de-plumes is The William Loveday Intention. Since the start of 2020 Mr Childish has released 12 albums under that name (possibly 13 by the time you read this). Those I have heard are all pretty good. Quality as well as quantity is Sir William's watchword.

"Chatham Town Welcomes Desperate Men" - The William Loveday Intention

"Joe Strummer's Grave" - The William Loveday Intention

Update: 14 albums now.

11 comments:

  1. There are 9 Billy Childish albums here. No William Lovedays, is this a slightly more relaxed version of his BIlly Childish persona?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where is 'here'? Wikipedia lists 20 Billy Childish solo albums, 12 William Loveday, 22 Thee Headcoats, 13 Thee Milkshakes, 13 Thee Mighty Caesars, 11 CTMF, 5 Buff Medways, 6 Spartan Dreggs, 5 Pop Rivets - and those are just the main ones. I suspect only Mr Childish and his psychiatrist know which is which.

      Delete
    2. Here, I meant my house.

      Delete
    3. In that case, you have 9 more Billy Childish albums than I do. Just a few bits and bobs here.

      Delete
    4. I suspect not even they know the answer, Ernie!

      Delete
    5. I think another album was recorded and released while I was typing the last reply. Curse these sluggish digits!

      Delete
    6. I'm told that Thee Sluggish Digits in the name of his next band. You have obviously heard the same rumour.

      Delete
  2. Extra marks for today's post title.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Coming from the King of Clues that means a great deal.

      Delete
  3. I used to be fairly obsessive and on the button with Mr Childish but have lost track in recent years. Thanks for these.

    ReplyDelete