Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 May 2023

Gordon Lightfoot RIP

I was very sad to learn that the great Gordon Lightfoot, one of the finest songwriters of his and any generation, left us on Monday at the tender age of 84. 

I have been a fan of his since 1975 when my Dad bought a copy of the dreadfully titled "Gord's Gold" compilation album. When "The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald" and the "Summertime Dream" album came out a year later that was it, I was hooked. RIP Mr Lightfoot.

"A Painter Passing Through" - Gordon Lightfoot

"Carefree Highway" - Gordon Lightfoot

"Heaven Don't Deserve Me" - Gordon Lightfoot

2 comments:

  1. Sad news indeed
    I'm grateful that you pushed a great selection of his music in my direction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a pleasure to spread the Word of the Gord. Nice tribute over at your place, thanks.

      Delete