Search This Blog

Friday 1 September 2023

The Massed Ranks

Here are six slices of reggae to ease you into the weekend. All the acts have something else in common. I did think about setting a quiz but the connection is so cryptic even Rol would reject it as being too unfair. I'll give you a clue - it is something to do with their names.

This will be my last post for a couple of weeks as I am off to New York on Sunday. I have a few days in the city followed by a few more with my cousin who lives Upstate, where we will no doubt be getting up to a bit of Upstate Top Ranking.

"Liberated Woman" - Ranking Ann

"Wah-Go-A-Africa" - Ranking Dread

"Step It Down Shepherds Bush" - Ranking Joe

"Why Can't You Leave The Dread Locks Alone" - Ranking Tiger

"Rub A Dub Style" - Ranking Trevor

"Lemonade" - Ranking Youth

For the second part of today's non-quiz, see if you can spot the odd one out.

4 comments:

  1. I'm struggling with your quiz Ernie.Much harder than Rol's!
    Enjoy the Big Apple and NY State.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see you have taken a similarly cryptic approach to your own post today.

      Delete
  2. I'm just wondering why that well-known Cockney Rhyming Slang Shabba wasn't included.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you let him in all the other Ranks boys (Cutty, Nardo, Buckey etc) will all want to be included. Where do you draw the line?

      Delete