Search This Blog

Friday 13 October 2023

Some Guys Have...

Its Friday the 13th, folks. Unlucky for some of our musical friends, but not for others it seems.

I hope you are all immune but to be on the safe side maybe stay inside well away from pavements, ladders and lonely magpies until tomorrow. And if you absolutely have to open an umbrella indoors, don't do it near a mirror.

"Hard Luck" - The Undertones

"Hard Luck Kid" - Beach Slang

"Bad Luck Natty" - Jah Lion

"Bad Luck Charm" - Lo Tom

"Bad Luck To The Rolling Water" - Lankum


And we'll round things off with the great Lene Lovich. I'm off to see her tonight - should be fun.

7 comments:

  1. Didn't know Lene was still on the go. Enjoy the show

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's been touring reasonably regularly for the last ten years or so

      Delete
  2. I hate that Dean Friedman song. Loathe beyond all rationality. I'm glad you did not post the Robert Palmer song (i'm not a fan)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh yes, have fun with Lene Lovich tonight, she really was a one-off (and no doubt still is). We need more like her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Started off loving that Lo Tom track.......and then the lyrics came in - Jeez, where can I start? they're dire and ruin a potentially great song - the nadir comes when they rhyme 'like an Eskimo' with 'I told you so'. Get back in the studio lads and start again with a new set of words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I didn't listen all the way through. I searched for 'luck' on my hard drive, it popped up, I listened to and liked the first 30 seconds so bunged it in. Had completely forgotten I had the album, I think it must have been a promo I got sent.

      Delete