Search This Blog

Friday 15 December 2023

The Last Bus Home

Two bus-themed posts in two days. I thought about asking this post to park up somewhere for a bit to regulate the service, but really we all just want to get home don't we?

Be warned, there are some abrupt mood changes en route, especially between the last two stops. If standing make sure you are holding on to a stanchion for your own safety. 

There is no Mandatory Reggae today, but Poser has stepped in to provide a Replacement Soca Service for that part of the route.

"A Transport Of Delight" - Flanders & Swann

"Bus No. 243" - Bobby Conn & The Glass Gypsies

"Mink Coat At The Bus Stop" - Rickie Lee Jones

"No School Bus In Heaven" - The Stanley Brothers

"Bus Conductor" - Poser

"On A Bus To St. Cloud" was always going to feature somewhere in this series, the only question being whether it would be the Jimmy LaFave or Gretchen Peters version. Then I thought "why choose when you can have them both?" - hence the first video (which also features Mr Tom Russell as the gooseberry).

As for the second video, I disagree strongly with the sentiments but the song is too good to leave out. And the third one is especially for George. We know he's a fan.

 
This series has now reached its last stop. Please remember to take all your belongings with you and enjoy a safe onwards journey.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed that bus ride, thank you, will have to buy a return ticket. Will the old-fashioned conductor with the hand-held paper- roll ticket thingy be on it? I love those things!
    I liked the Fatima Mansions song too. Whenever I see Flanders & Swann come up, I'm reminded of the great film 'The Raging Moon' which included a lovely Michael Flanders in the role of Clarence, played so beautifully naturalistically,; I developed something of a soft spot for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect we would need to go on a journey through time to see one of those old ticket dispensers again.

      I'm not familiar with 'The Raging Moon' but I will try to track it down. Based on your previous cultural recommendations I'm sure I will enjoy it.

      Delete