Search This Blog

Wednesday 21 August 2024

Lapse: Pro Or Anti?

I happened to visit Epping at the far end of London's glamorous Central Line one day last week and took the opportunity to pop into some of the local charity shops. One had a small selection of CDs going for 20p each so I took a punt on an album by a 1990s band whose very existence had completely passed me by at the time.

I'm talkin' 'bout Prolapse (to quote a line from the famous 1970s public service announcement featuring the music of Kool & The Gang when they were still kool). They came out of Leicester, although the male singer's accent suggests he hailed originally from fair Caledonia, and released three albums before splitting in 2000.

I bought the third and final album, 1999's "Ghosts Of Dead Aeroplanes". I wasn't too sure on first listen but second time round I found it growing on me. See what you think. If you like what you hear you can find most of Prolapse's back catalogue, including a couple of Peel sessions, over on their Bandcamp page.

Note to our Spanish readers: The views expressed in "Government Of Spain" should not be assumed to represent the views of 27 Leggies.

"One Illness" - Prolapse

"Government Of Spain" - Prolapse

Inexplicably I couldn't find the public service announcement on YouTube but here is some evidence that Kool & The Gang were once truly funky.

1 comment:

  1. the 41 year-old me would have praised Prolapse and hooted with derision at Kool & the Gang. The 61 year old me now prefers K&tG (but no hooting at Prolapse)

    ReplyDelete