Search This Blog

Friday 2 August 2024

Hominis Half Term Report

I have said it before and I'll say it again. One of the biggest bargains on Bandcamp is the Hominis Canidae page. 

Every month they issue a compilation of new independent Brazilian music and invite you to name your price. Inevitably they are a bit of curate's cup of tea, but there are always a few things that appeal.

Here is a track from each of the albums released from January through to May (they celebrated their 15th anniversary in June and marked it with a retrospective rather than new stuff). If I remember I will cover their July to December editions at the end of the year. But don't wait until then - go and spend, spend, spend!

"Vegetable Fritters" - Echorec Face

"Devaneio" - Ferdi

"Autofagia" - Sofia Freire

"Portal da Alegria" - Jardel de Castro & Pedro Ben

"Eu" - Cátia de França

 

2 comments:

  1. Clearly Vegetable Fritters will need to be included in one of my lists soon. Top Ten Veggie Songs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Top 10 Fried Food songs? I look forward to seeing what clue you come up with for Echorec Face

      Delete