Search This Blog

Sunday 22 June 2014

Random Italians

Last night Mister F and I popped down to our favourite local and found a couple of Italian acts doing their thing in our usual corner. The headliners Sibilla were OK, although not really my cup of tea. I preferred the support act, Dancing Julian, except he didn't dance at any point. Didn't even stand up.

It wasn't a particularly well advertised gig and, apart from the performers and a group of their mates, for most of the show Mister F and I were the only members of the audience. The last time something like that happened to me was three or four years ago in Copenhagen, when I was the only paying guest. Coincidentally, two of three acts on the bill that night were also Italian. The headliners were an outfit called Comaneci, and they were pretty good. Here is a track from their 2009 album, "You A Lie".

The second track is from one of the few other Italians I have seen live. Fabio Concato was big in the late 1970s and 1980s, less so by the time I stumbled across him giving a free concert in among the trulli in Alberobello in the early 2000s. But he still put on a fine show.

"Satisfied Girl" - Comaneci

"Ti Ricorda Ancora" - Fabio Concato


1 comment:

  1. That's "Sibilla", just in case anyone is interested, more here:
    http://www.sibillamusic.co.uk/
    and
    https://soundcloud.com/sibilla-music

    ReplyDelete