Search This Blog

Sunday 12 December 2021

Luton Lockdown

I'm back, but not completely.

As some of you worked out from the carefully hidden clues in my last post, I have just been to Cape Town to see some of my family. When my flight took off from London a couple of weeks ago everything was hunky dory, but by the time it landed at the other end South Africa was an international pariah.

Which is why I'm now interned in a Holiday Inn on the outskirts of Luton, with a lovely view of a brick wall and the soothing sounds of the airport flight path overhead. I am due to be released back into society a couple of days before Xmas, and normal service will resume then.

In the meantime, here is a tribute to my temporary home.

5 comments:

  1. Hang in there. Good to hear you're safely in Luton. Hopefully some sense may prevail at number 10 this week. Meanwhile mother has been berry picking with Peter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quarantine in Luton?
    You must have done something really bad in a previous life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mick Abrahams comes from Luton

    ReplyDelete