Search This Blog

Thursday 16 December 2021

The Locksmith Always Rings Twice

So our esteemed government decided to let those of us in quarantine hotels out early, on the grounds that as most of the country now has the omicron variant it no longer makes sense to lock up the few people who don't. This meant I was able to get home a bit earlier than expected.

There was a final twist though, and perhaps it was a fitting end to the whole saga. When I got back to my flat last night I discovered that the lady I asked to pop in and clean the place while I was away had locked me out. A visit from the emergency locksmith got me in but left me without a lock, so I'm now stuck here until they come back with a new one. 

Here is a musical before and after of last night's events.

"Behind That Locked Door" - George Harrison

"There's No Lock Upon My Door" - David McWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment