Search This Blog

Monday 20 May 2024

Ångströms In My Pangströms

The other day The George and I were corresponding about an excellent bargain price compilation on the Bongo Joe label called "Black Voices: Solidarity Compilation", which I would heartily recommend (and I think George would too).

In the course of the correspondence George noted that "I am delighted to see a backing band on Track 8 called The Ångströmers, after a unit of measurement I used to work with". Here is Track 8. Chouk Bwa are a six piece from Haiti who regularly team up with The Ångströmers, a Belgian production duo. If you like this there is plenty more at their Bandcamp page.

I have paired "Negriye" with an old favourite from the man they call 'the Italian Van Morrison'. I think it works thematically but no doubt Teacher will correct me if I am wrong.

"Negriye" - Chouk Bwa & The Ångströmers

"Lunghessa d'Onda" - Furgone di Piufiglio

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to recommend Molecules to my science teacher friends. (I don't have any science teacher friends. I don't have any friends. But if I did...)

    ReplyDelete