Search This Blog

Wednesday 8 May 2024

Gospel Wednesday

Please do not be misled by the title of this post into thinking this is the start of a new series. It is not. I just couldn't think of anything clever to put there. Some days it comes easy, some days its a chore. 

The main advantage of taking the 'what it says on the tin' approach to post titles is George can't accuse me of trying to lure him in under false pretences as he did earlier in the week.

The gospel comes from a compilation called "No Other Love: Midwest Gospel 1965-1978" released by the estimable Tompkins Square label. They had a 20% off everything in their catalogue offer running on last Bandcamp Friday so I snapped up a copy. Very good it is too.

"Its Going To Pay" - Brother Randy Wilson

"Rocky Road" - Joanne & Sonny

Back in 2002 another album called "No Other Love" was released by the equally estimable Chuck Prophet. Here he is with the hit.

5 comments:

  1. Ah, Chuck Prophet. I love 'im. In fact, I love him so much I'm thinking of dedicating a weekly series to him over at my place; how does 'Chuck Tuesday' sound?

    JM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would vote for that. Been lucky enough to see him many times and he's always excellent.

      Delete
  2. Seconded. I wasn't expecting Chuck in a gospel post, so this was the opposite of luring me in under false pretenses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps shouldn't be completely unexpected as gospel singers frequently praise the Prophets.

      Delete
    2. Well, Jesus Was A Social Drinker...

      Delete