Search This Blog

Monday 7 October 2024

Blues At Bedtime

After Friday's attempt to turn a missing Jimmy Reed CD into the subject of a blues song, comments from esteemed readers C and Rol reminded me that I had never followed up on a promise I made to them last year.

That promise was to dig out a demo of "Bedwetter Blues", a previously unreleased future classic from the early 1980s - one might even call it a sleeper hit. With apologies for the delay, I am pleased finally to be able to honour my promise. C and Rol may be less pleased. Further apologies for the poor sound quality.

You can find out more about A Cuddly Pair and how they narrowly missed stardom in my post from July last year. As for the song itself, the singer (who also wrote the song) has asked me to emphasise that the lyrics are not in any way autobiographical.

It seemed appropriate to team "Bedwetter Blues" with another number from the early 1980s. This one came out on Sugar Hill Records in 1983 and may actually be the more ludicrous of the two.

In the words of Waterbed Kev, I can't hold it back, the paint is flowing over...

"Bedwetter Blues" - A Cuddly Pair

"All Night Long (Waterbed)" - Waterbed Kev

5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I can suffer all 180 seconds of this. I have made it to 80 seconds, and hit pause

    ReplyDelete
  2. That vocalist is no Captain Beefheart. And I endured 27 seconds of the second track

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will pass on your feedback to the vocalist. I suspect he may want to add "has been compared to Captain Beefheart" to his CV.

      Delete
  3. It has just occurred to me that this shameless publicity will be followed by news of an Oasis-style getting-the-band back together farewell/retiral series of concerts. Will you be playing at the Casa de Povo in our town?

    ReplyDelete