Search This Blog

Friday 18 October 2024

Two Little Axes

Tucked away in the bowels of Wednesday's post was a reference to a visit I paid to Flashback Records in London's fashionable Essex Road last weekend.

As well as the album by Hukwe Zawose that I featured then I also found two albums by Little Axe in the bargain bin. Based on the assumption that any album on On-U is worth risking £1 on I snapped them up.

The albums in question were "The Wolf That House Built" (1994) and "Hard Grind" (2002). Here is a track from each of them.

"Wake The Town" - Little Axe

"Tight Like That" - Little Axe

My original plan for the videos was to have two videos of songs about axe-wielding, Bob Marley's "Small Axe" representing the supporters and Baris Manco's "Nick The Chopper" the opponents. Baris duly delivered.

But I couldn't find any videos of Bob doing "Small Axe" so I tried looking for the Twinkle Brothers' "Axeman" instead. Again no luck but bizarrely YouTube's algorithm selected the second video below as the fifth best match. And who am I to argue with the algorithms.

2 comments:

  1. A fine example of Tartan Shortbread music in that second video clip

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete