Search This Blog

Saturday 2 March 2019

Birthday Boy

Today my dear old (very old) friend Mister F celebrates A Significant Birthday. We'll be celebrating in style with a Horlicks or two tonight. Until then here is a small but sincere tribute to the Great Man.

"Stagger Lee" topped the US charts on the day Mister F was born. He was born in the UK, where the No. 1 that day was "As I Love You" by Shirley Bassey. But I have gone for "Stagger Lee" instead because (a) it's a much better record; (b) I don't have a copy of "As I Love You"; and (c) I don't want him to get the wrong idea about the nature of our friendship.

Today's other selections are probably fairly self-explanatory.

"Stagger Lee" - Lloyd Price

"I Was Born About 10,000 Years Ago" - Alvis Parsley

"Old Codger" - The Stranglers with George Melly

"Too Old To Rock 'n Roll, Too Young To Die" - Jethro Tull

1 comment: