Search This Blog

Monday 25 March 2024

Duck Day Afternoon

Today we have songs about ducks. The post exists purely as a pretext to share the video, which is something rather special. 

At over nine minutes "Ducks On A Pond" doubles up as Monday's Lengthy Listen (copyright pending). 

To quote Forrest Gump, that's all I have to say about that.

"Nice Weather For Ducks" - Lemon Jelly

"Duck Hunting" - The Creekdippers

"Ducks On A Pond" - The Incredible String Band

"One White Duck/ O = Nothing At All" - Jethro Tull

5 comments:

  1. As Little Richard sings about squeezing his rubber ducky in the bath I can't help thinking he might be referring to a part of his own anatomy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am disappointed in you George.

      Delete
    2. I have to confess you have taken a track from a Jethro Tull album that I don't have

      Delete
  2. Anything by Ducks Deluxe would be agreeable. Or Booker T & The MGs (if you know you know.)

    JM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! Listening to that Tull track I was transported back to 1975 when I would spend endless hours listening to Minstrel In The Gallery on a loop - except of course it wasn't as I had to get up from my reverie and flip the record over every 25 minutes or so. One of their greatest albums. I love it.

    ReplyDelete