Search This Blog

Thursday 21 March 2024

Gimme Some Leuven

If you happen to find yourself in the fine medieval town of Leuven in Belgium, as I did earlier in the week, there are two reasons for visiting Bilbo Records on Ladeuzeplein. The first is the view across the square:

The second is the small but high quality bargain bin where you can find some real goodies for €3 a pop. I picked up a couple of African CDs. One of them is by an artist from a country that we have not yet reached on my African Odyssey, so I will save that one until we get there. The other is by a gent who has already featured in the series, Côte d'Ivoire's very own MAR superstar, Tiken Jah Fakoly.

The album is question is Mr Fakoly's most recent, "Braquage De Pouvoir", which came out in 2022. Very good it is too.

"Farana" - Tiken Jah Fakoly

"Gouvernement 20 Ans" - Tiken Jah Fakoly

2 comments:

  1. The pun header alone is worth the entrance money; a man after my own heart.

    JM

    ReplyDelete