Search This Blog

Friday 20 September 2024

The Former Fatimas

While in Belfast last week I did my usual Botanic Avenue run (Time Slip records plus six charity shops) and picked up a fair number of goodies.

Among them was "Lost In The Former West", the fifth and final album by The Fatima Mansions that came out 30 years ago. Like everything else by the late great Cathal Coughlan it is well worth a listen.

As much as I like The Fatima Mansions I have really always been more of a Microdisney man which probably explains why I have picked one of the mellower tracks for you along with their cover version of the old Walker Brothers song.

"Sunken Cities" - The Fatima Mansions

"Nite Flights" - The Fatima Mansions

We'll hand the video slot over to J.D. Souther who left us a couple of days ago. When you got him away from The Eagles he could knock out some top tunes. RIP Mr Souther. 

No comments:

Post a Comment