Search This Blog

Monday 23 September 2024

The Wright Stuff

Apologies for the appalling pun in the title. No apologies for the music though, which is excellent - some proper soul music from one of the all-time greats, Mr O.V. Wright. We have one track apiece from two of his classic 70s albums, "Memphis Unlimited" (1973) and "The Bottom Line" (1978). 

As a bonus I have also chucked into the mix a selection from "Four And Twenty Elders", his gospel album with The Luckett Brothers that was released posthumously in 1981. I can think of at least one regular who will enjoy that.

"Are You Going Where I'm Coming From" - O.V. Wright

"That's The Way I Fell About Cha'" - O.V. Wright

"Said He Would (Make Up My Dyin' Bed)" - O.V. Wright & The Luckett Brothers

There aren't many O.V. Wright videos on YouTube but this one is a bit special. It is Mr Wright with the Hi! Records band live in Japan some time in the late 1970s. The picture quality is pretty ropy; if that bothers you close your eyes and revel in the sound.

1 comment:

  1. Here's one of my favourites...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0xk-blkFh0

    ReplyDelete