Search This Blog

Friday 5 July 2024

The End Of An Error

Here in the UK we had a general election yesterday. It is 5am and with the majority of the votes now counted it has just been confirmed that after 14 years we have an overdue change of government. So this is my heartfelt musical message to the outgoing maladministration. 

"Get Up And Get Out" - Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings

"Go Man Go, Get Gone" - Tex Zario

"Pack Your Lies And Go" - Celinda Pink

"Glad To See You Go" - Ramones

The message continues courtesy of some veteran calypsonians. 

7 comments:

  1. End of an error is a great headline, wish I'd thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I must have unconsciously nicked it from someone else.

      Delete
  2. I think Frankie Valli hit the N on the H: Oh, what a night.

    JM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great title, Ernie, and song choices. What a weight has been lifted this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still think they got off lightly. They should have been burned at the stake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thought I'd be punching the air but I was oddly numb. Such a sad waste of 14 years. Fourteen years!! I've re-energised myself a bit during the day and looking forward to some much more progressive measures over the next few years. That Sharon Jones track is a corker btw

    ReplyDelete