Search This Blog

Friday 2 June 2023

German Disco Jesus

That Charity Chic fellow is currently running a series featuring songs about Jesus. I thought I would join him in spreading the Good News!

The particular news that I want to spread concerns a compilation album with the catchy title "Music with a Message: Celestial Explorations into German Church Rock". 

It collects together all sorts of groovy German Christian music from the 1960s and 1970s, and is described as "the first official compilation of its kind". Finally, a chance to upgrade all our poor quality German Christian bootlegs!

I'm not sure I will want to sit through the whole album again any time soon but I do like these two.

"Du Bist Die Stimme" - Oratorium

"Wie Ein Baum" - Heike Tittmann

And now, some music from a German Christian whose having a barrel of fun.

6 comments:

  1. I'm really hoping these tracks are good enough to persuade to buy this album. It's possibly the 2nd best album title I've seen (the best obviously being "Fred Lowery whistles your gospel favourites")

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first track on the album is tremendous, german christian prog. I'm very tempted to get this

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the prize for the best blog post title this week goes to Ernie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am thrilled to win such a prestigious award

      Delete