Search This Blog

Friday 5 January 2024

Apocalypse Wow!

Who can resist an album called "Acid Punk Dub Apocalypse", especially when it brought to you by Youth and Jah Wobble with guest spots from the likes of Hollie Cook, Vivien Goldman and that bloke from The Orb among others? Not me, that's for sure.

The album came out back in 2020 and the hip young bloggers like Swiss Adam and Khayem were probably all over it at the time. I on the other hand only became aware of its existence earlier this week, but I've been making up for lost time since.

"Inspector Out Of Space (feat. Rhiannon)" - Youth Meets Jah Wobble

"Rhino (feat. Vivien Goldman)" - Youth Meets Jah Wobble

 More apocalyptic sounds below.

6 comments:

  1. Outstanding stuff, as always Captain! you make me feel like I'm mainstream and lame. Keep doing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very kind, and I can assure you that someone with your discerning tastes could never be called mainstream or lame.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, who could resist indeed - I must investigate further, I'm liking the sound of these. Thanks Ernie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was indeed on this at the time but you've prompted me to go back to it which is a good thing. I think hip and young should be in inverted commas though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Young' may be relative but hip definitely isn't.

      Delete
    2. What Adam said, although I missed this at the time, so I’m a long way from hip too. More blagger than blogger, if truth be told.

      Delete