Search This Blog

Monday 15 January 2024

Mandatory Reggae Birthdays

Today is a big day for birthdays in the reggae world, so please join me in wishing many happy returns to King Yellowman and Sister Carol (both 65 today) and the baby of the bunch, Tony Rebel (62).  

Echoing the words of Yellowman, I dedicate this post to all my fans in Jamaica and in England, and especially in the United States, Germany and France. And the rest of you of course.

"Who Can Make The Dance Ram" - Yellowman

"Spidla Ding" - Sister Carol

"Dream Girl" - Tony Rebel


P.S. After I had put together this post I received an email from the folks at VP Records informing me that Sister Carol and her daughter Nakeeba Amaniyea are the brains behind a brand new album called "Millenium Movie Star Riddim" which came out last Friday. The pair also perform the lead single "Be Alone". 

You can find the video for "Be Alone" here and the album - which also features the likes of Sister Nancy and Michael Palmer - is available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment