Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Goggins Bearing Gifts

I am off to Athens tomorrow for a few days. Mostly work, but I have tagged a day's sightseeing on to the end. And the sight I most want to see is Ifestou Street in Monastiraki, which I am told is a treasure trove of vinyl and CDs. Hopefully I will return laden down with the aural equivalent of the Elgin Marbles. But just in case I fail in the mission, here are some delights from our existing collection of antiquities - a selection of Hellenic highlights of the late 1960s to mid 1970s.

"To Moahma" - The Sounds

"Tora" - Agapanthos

"Dyo Mikra Gaiszia Aloga" - Giorgis Romanos

"Ki Ego Ki Esi" - Kostas Tournas

"The Village Postman" - The Four Levels of Existence

"Isvoli Apo Ton Ari" - Sotiris Komatsioulis

"Tu Choriu To Panigiri" - Nostradamus

"An Thes Ela Ke Esi" - Peloma Bokiou

In Greek mythology the Styx was the river across which the souls of the dead were ferried to the Underworld. Type "River" and "Styx" in YouTube and you get this. I had never heard the song before, and if I never hear it again before old Charon takes me across I could probably get by. But you decide for yourselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment