Search This Blog

Wednesday 23 May 2018

Good Night, Bad Night

Tonight we bring you Michael Shelley, a man I know next to nothing about but somehow ended up with two of his albums - 1997's "Half Empty" and 1998's "Too Many Movies". Both feature some great pop songs for grown-ups.

He's backed on these and later albums by Laura Cantrell and assorted members of Teenage Fanclub, Belle & Sebastian and They Might Be Giants, and when you know that you can hear them all in there.

If you go to Michael's Bandcamp page you can download all his albums for less than $25, which sounds like a bargain to me.

"Tonight Could Be The Night" - Michael Shelley

"Baby's In A Bad Mood" - Michael Shelley

He's no relation to this fellow, as far as I know.

2 comments:

  1. Somehow my tired eyes saw Pete Shelly as Peter Skellern. Wishful thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Laura Cantrell would do a great cover of Tonight Could Be The Night.

    ReplyDelete