Search This Blog

Sunday 10 June 2018

Run From A Past Into The Past

It's a bit of a trip down memory lane to my youth and the 1980s this week. On Friday, all being well, I'll be off to see the Psychedelic Furs, whose self-titled first album remains a particular favourite of mine. And last night it was the mighty Microdisney, one of my favourite bands of all time.


Until last week in Dublin, Microdisney hadn't played together since they split up thirty years ago. The London show was the second and last of the brief comeback, and the first time I've seen them since they played the long-gone Astoria in the Charing Cross Road in 1986 or 1987. Very good they were too. Cathal Coughlan can still belt it out like he used to.

Here are two songs Microdisney played last night, followed by one I strongly suspect the Furs won't play on Friday (though I would love it if they did).

"Past" - Microdisney

"464" - Microdisney

"Flowers" - The Psychedelic Furs

No comments:

Post a Comment