Search This Blog

Saturday 29 June 2019

Cable & Wireless

Let's have a bit of rock steady this sunny Saturday. Two tracks from The Cables, who possibly took their name from lead singer Keble Drummond (or possibly not). Both songs come from their 1970 album "What Kind of World", produced at Studio One by Sir Coxsone Dodd.

"What Am I To Do" - The Cables

"Let Them Talk" - The Cables

Because I'm in a good mood, and because "wire" is a bit like "cable", here's a bonus track - produced by Clive Chin just five years later and a couple of miles down the road from Studio One at Randy's Records. The sound quality is a bit ropey I'm afraid. That's my fault, not Clive's.

"Miss Wire Waist" - Carl Malcolm

2 comments:

  1. I have that album, paying the then-extotionate price of £15 ca. 1990

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a lot, according to one of those price conversion websites it is the equivalent of about £31 today. I only paid £1 for my copy a few weeks ago. On the other hand, you have had 29 years of pleasure from it, so it works out about the same on a yearly average.

      Delete