Search This Blog

Saturday 6 August 2016

Every Day Is Otis Clay Day

A few weeks ago I was raving about a great concert I had been to by William Bell, and about his new album "This Is Where I Live", which found him sounding as good as ever at 77. There is some good news for those of you in or near London, which is that he is coming back to play at the Barbican in November. I'll see you there.

Another of my favourite soul singers, who was still sounding great right up to his sad death at the beginning of the year, is Otis Clay. When I was in the States in June I came across an album of his that I had not known existed - it obviously didn't get much promotional push at the time. It is called "Truth Is", it came out in 2012 when he was a mere lad of 70, and it is worth making a bit of effort to track it down.

"Love's After Me" - Otis Clay

"I Keep Trying Not To Break Down" - Otis Clay

No comments:

Post a Comment