Search This Blog

Saturday 27 April 2019

Buenos Aires Beat

A couple of months back I featured the mighty La Yegros, the Queen of Nu Cumbia (and much more beside). I mentioned then that I was going to see her live when she came to London.

The gig was last night and it was every bit as good as I had hoped. She had great tunes, enormous charisma and a fabulous band. If they are ever playing near you, you should definitely go and see them.

La Yegros has a new album out called "Suelta". My copy is on order. To tide us over until it arrives, let's have a track apiece from her two previous albums, "Viene de Mi" (2013) and "Magnetismo" (2016).

"Trocitos de Madera" - La Yegros

"Sueñitos (feat. Lindigo)" - La Yegros

Support on the night came from King Coya, one of the founding fathers of Argentinian folktronica - not something you can say of many people. It was just him and a lot of the music was pre-recorded, so it wasn't the most stimulating of live spectacles, but I liked the noises he made.

1 comment:

  1. I got the 2013 La Yegros album and really enjoyed it but then forgot all about them. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete