Search This Blog

Friday 19 June 2020

The Long Goodbye: Part 15

We've reached the 15th stage of our 27 stop tour, and we're in Italy. I've been lucky enough to visit many times over the last 30+ years and have never had a bad experience, not even when I got attacked by a Mother Superior after I asked one of her nuns if she wanted to sit on my shoulders to get a better view of the Pope. It was a fair cop.

As well as being one of my favourite countries, Italy may be the home of my great lost love. Five or six years ago I was staying in a cheap hotel in the Trastevere district of Rome and indulged in a bit of light flirtation with the delightful receptionist. When time came to check out, she suddenly clasped me by the hand, looked me deep in the eyes and said "You..." - dramatic pause, even deeper look - "are a beautiful chicken!".  

If it had been a film I would have got half way to the airport before realising I was making a mistake, jumped off the bus, flagged down a Piaggio Ape and headed back to the hotel to propose to her. Now, if lockdown has taught me anything it is that I must seize the day, so that's exactly what I'm going to do when we're allowed out again. Let's hope I'm not too late. And let's hope I can remember the name of the hotel.

Enough of me, on with the music. We start with some sexo and end with some deatho. All human life is here.    

"Sexo!" - Ivan Cattaneo


"Noia" - CCCP Fedeli Alla Linea

"Ell" - Rita Pavone

"R.I.P. (Requiescant in Pace)" - Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso

6 comments:

  1. It never ever occurred to me to follow Renatos' example whenever I taught anything concering triangles. And I had the outfit too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Adriano reminds me of when I used to Angle Aerobics...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha that's a great story. Must say it was worth suffering (is that fair?) the first 4 to get to R.I.P. What a fantastic track

    ReplyDelete