Search This Blog

Monday 31 August 2020

The Long Goodbye: Part 23

Part 23 of our tour of Europe brings us to Romania. I had a few days in Bucharest once - part work, part sightseeing - and liked it very much. At one point I had plans to visit Timisoara with a side trip over the border to Belgrade but it never came off. I may try again next year when it is the official European City of Culture.

The bizarre highlight of the Bucharest trip was a breakfast meeting at my hotel with a local MEP who bore a striking resemblance to Pitbull (the rapper not the dog). He turned up on a pair of crutches, and most of the meeting was spent with me getting him refills from the breakfast buffet or him explaining in great detail the plot of a film that was the Romanian equivalent of "Green Card". 

Enough of my rambling. Let's get on with the show.

"Sandala" - Fanfare Ciocarlia

"Andrii Popa" - Phoenix

"Canta Tu Padurea Mea" - Aura Urziceanu

"I Got The Chop" - Gil Dobrica

"Orbul" - Mondial

3 comments:

  1. Fanfare Ciocarlia could be the most enthusiastic song I hear today. A disappointing selection of prog today. I don't supposes Ceaucescu was a big fan, though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ceucescu liked a bit of death metal

    ReplyDelete