Search This Blog

Friday 29 October 2021

Saucer Surfing The Zeitgeist

We interrupt our normal programming to respond to an appalling piece of provocation by Mr Charity So-Called Chic. 

Earlier in the week I politely asked that he feature some Steve Hillage on his admittedly excellent - although now tarnished - blog. I then said that if he was unwilling or unable to oblige I might do so myself. All very civil you might think. But not as far as CSCC was concerned. 

His immediate response was to invite me to "knock yourself out". Over the next couple of days this was followed by a long series of messages including taunts such as "Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough" and "You and whose army?" which culminated in an instruction to "boil yer heid".  

I can't just let that sort of thing go, so here is Steve Hillage with some music to boil heids by.

"Saucer Surfing" - Steve Hillage

"It's All Too Much" - Steve Hillage

P.S. Some parts of this post may have been exaggerated for dramatic effect. 

8 comments:

  1. Oh no Steve Hillage!
    https://youtu.be/JonKpMy5iDM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ernie, you have aroused the inner Weegie of Charity Chic. It's not pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a side to him that I haven't seen before. He still won't let it lie. Even now he is deliberately taking the words of Neil from The Young Ones out of context to diss Mr Hillage. When you watch the clip it is clear Neil is expressing regret at smashing a copy of Steve's classic album "L" with his truncheon.

      Delete
  3. I'm nursing my wrath to keep it warm

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not familiar (at all) with Steve Hillage's music but thought It's All Too Much was fantastic and will play it again after 'pinching it' - Saucer Surfing was good too. Have you cherry picked though? Is all his stuff that approachable? As for your schism with CC, I'm off to er......CSCC after I've done here so I'd better keep it zipped!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely some cherry-picking going on. His albums tend to be a few highlights with many boring bits in between. "L" is probably the most accessible album - it is the one with "It's All Too Much", "Hurdy Gurdy Man" and "Electrick Gypsies"

      Delete
  5. A younger me would have scorned an older me for liking Steve Hillage but the older me is fine with it.

    ReplyDelete