Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 November 2022

A Brucie Bonus

I had an overnight work visit to York on Monday and Tuesday and stayed on to spend a few hours sightseeing and shopping.

It has been a good ten years since I was last in York for anything other than changing trains, and it was good to reacquaint myself with it. It is a fine city and seems to have approximately 17000 pubs. I can't vouch for all of them but if you find yourself in The Maltings I can recommend the blueberry, almond and fig porter. I think a pint counts as two of your five a day.

The charity shops were less appealing though, mainly because of the high prices (and I speak as someone from that there expensive London). All of the ones I visited wanted a minimum of £2 a CD, and one of them was asking £4 or more for the likes of Phil Collins. 

That said, I was very happy with the one CD I did buy, which was Bruce Cockburn's 1979 album "Dancing In The Dragon's Jaws". I used to have a vinyl copy way back when but that has long since gone the way of all flesh, so it was good finally to replace it.  

"Wondering Where The Lions Are" - Bruce Cockburn

"Hills Of Morning" - Bruce Cockburn

1 comment:

  1. I'd want more than £4 to take away a Phil Collins CD.

    ReplyDelete