Search This Blog

Wednesday 25 January 2023

Saravah Palaver

After Yukihiro Takahashi left us recently I decided to look on Bandcamp to see if I could find his 1977 solo album "Saravah!", released after the Sadistic Mika Band had folded but before he became a founder member of the Yellow Magic Orchestra. I did, but only after an interesting and unintentional detour.  

I got the R and V the wrong way round the first time I typed the album title into the search box. Instead of Mr Takahashi's mellow magic I found myself at the page of a band called Savarah. They hail from Bordeaux and describe their music as being "like Blonde Redhead making love to King Crimson in Brazil".

I don't know about that but they're not bad at all and this particular track of theirs fits quite nicely with the sounds of "Saravah!". 

"Present" - Yukihiro Takahashi

"La Meute" - Savarah

 

1 comment:

  1. Spot on, Ernie. A nice find on both counts, I'm not familiar with the We Want Sounds label either but some further intriguing releases to explore there.

    And in a lovely bit of blog synchronicity/serendipity, Savarah's current Talk! Talk! Talk! shares an album title with The Psychedelic Furs, the subject of today's post over at Dubhed. Wowzer.

    ReplyDelete