Search This Blog

Monday, 17 August 2026

Monday's Long Song

I don't often join in with the Monday Long Song scene but when I do I like to go big. So here is just under 15 minutes worth of cantering Ghanaian highlife for you courtesy of Nana Adomako Nyamekye and chums.

It was first released in 2000 as a bonus track on a compilation with a title almost as long as the track itself: "The Original Old Hits Of Nana Adomako Nyamekye (The Music Commander)". It was the old but not original trick of adding an original but not old track to the compilation in the hope of getting all those Nana completists out there to part with their hard earned cedi. I reckon it probably worked.

"Manyi Wo Ayea" - Nana Adomako Nyamekye

There is a familiar sounding organ motif that pops up throughout the song. It bugged me an first but I had a quarter of an hour to work out where I recognised it from. I got there in the end. Its this:

No comments:

Post a Comment