Search This Blog

Monday, 31 August 2026

Pun Fun 8: The Theme

It is August Bank Holiday Monday here in the UK, a sign that the long school holidays are coming to an end. Having given all you punsters the summer off it is time for you to shake the sand from your shoes and get back to work. The theme for Pun Fun 8 is:

DIPS AND SAUCES

The idea for this theme came for me while I was enjoying an excellent lunch by the beach in Chalkida in Greece back in July and found myself trying to think of a song title about taramasalata. I didn't come up with anything, but this was the view from my table so I perhaps wasn't fully focused on the task. I am sure you lot can succeed where I failed.

If you are feeling a bit rusty after a fun, sun, no pun summer, this list of sauces on Wikipedia may help to oil your mental gears. If not you might perhaps try some of the BBC's delicious dips.  

All entries should be sent to leggies27@hotmail.co.uk by Sunday 6 September. Voting opens next Monday.

But the holidays aren't quite over yet folks, not until Las Ketchup pack up the Palm Beach beach bar for the season. Until then, keep it saucy like a Donald McGill postcard.

No comments:

Post a Comment