Search This Blog

Sunday 20 October 2019

Reggae Riders

Evidently there was a bit of a craze for riding on in Jamaica between 1975 and 1981. Whether they were riding on anything in particular I don't know - it is a bit too early for BMX and maybe a bit too late for Raleigh Choppers. Let's hope that the girl Johnny Clarke is offering encouragement to isn't either Sandra or Christine, or things could get messy.

"Ride On" - Jimmy London

"Ride On Girl" - Johnny Clarke

"Ride On Christine" - Don Carlos

"Ride On Sandra" - Trinity

"Ride On (Natty Dreadlocks)" - Linval Thompson

2 comments:

  1. David Christie also wrote I Love To Love. But I suspect you knew that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, but only because I looked him up on Wikipedia while preparing this post

      Delete