Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 April 2024

Le Pop Français

I have recently been digging the groovy sounds of 1960s France on "Pop À Paris: Psyché-Rock Et Minijupes", a double CD compilation released about twenty years ago which I rescued from a local charity shop.

All the big names of the era are present and correct - Johnny Halliday, Serge Gainsbourg, Brigitte Bardot, France Gall etc - but there are plenty of lesser known delights as well. Like these.

"Les Filles C'est Fait" - Charlotte Leslie

"Ecoutez" - Elsa

4 comments:

  1. Mes oreilles ont failli exploser de bonheur!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had to be there! Record companies have created a new cottage industry of re-discovering yet more of the 60s ye-ye girls - I've found a few I really like but sadly I don't think Annie Phillipe will be joining them

      Delete