Search This Blog

Friday 12 August 2022

Cliff On Edge

A bit of modern honky-tonk for you today. Some nice person out there in Promoland sent me a copy of Cliff Westfall's "Baby You Win" album when it came out back in 2018. I remember listening to and liking it at the time but for some reason I never gave it a plug. Having rediscovered it at the weekend I am putting that right now.

Cliff is Kentucky born but New York based and as far as I can establish "Baby You Win" is his only release. You can pick up a copy on Bandcamp for $10 and I think you should. Unlike the protagonists of many of his songs, you won't have anything to feel sorry about if you do.

"Till The Right One Comes Along" - Cliff Westfall

"The Man I Used To Be" - Cliff Westfall

In the interests of balance other Cliffs are also available.

3 comments:

  1. You can't go wrong with a bit of honky-tonk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .........you can though go a lot wrong watching those Cliff Richard moves - he's no Jackie Wilson

      Delete
    2. Arguably no worse than the backing dancers

      Delete